To hell with trying to move on and heal from this broken heart! I need to start off small, like getting out of the house, putting "one foot in front of the other."
Who knew that "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" was such a deep piece of cinema?
Have any of you ever really listened to the words to this song from that movie? No? Well, let me share...
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking cross the floor
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking out the door
You never will get where you’re going
If you never get up on your feet
Come on, there’s a good tail wind blowing
A fast walking man is hard to beat
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking cross the floor
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking out the door
If you want to change your direction
If your time of life is at hand
Well don’t be the rule be the exception
A good way to start is to stand
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking cross the floor
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking out the door
If I want to change the reflection
I see in the mirror each morn
You mean that it's just my election
To vote for a chance to be reborn
I have got the standing down, but I am still struggling somewhere between walking across the floor and walking out the door. Maybe once I get outside, I'll find someone as exception-al as me.
Thanks, Jules.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment