Monday, September 14, 2009

Are you ready, boots? Start walking.

It's all starting to make sense to me now...

"I still want to be friends."

Friends don't hurt you by breaking your heart. They don't mislead you. They don't pretend to share the same dream to avoid confrontation.

Michael, this is what you did to me and you still refer to me as your best friend? I'd hate to know what you'd do to an enemy.

Although you can't support yourself, I am no crutch. I am not a door you can keep one foot in while you see what's out there. I am not your safety net to catch you when all your ill-fated attempts fail and you fall on your face. I am also not your mother, even though you have a lot of growing up to do.

I am so many wonderful and beautiful things, but all you need to know is I am the woman you will never have again.

I wish you luck because you are definitely going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment